As a Summer Scamper volunteer, you’ll ensure that our racers, patients, families, and staff have an epic experience. Along with the sense of accomplishment from donating your time to benefit patients and families, there’s a lot to gain from being a Summer Scamper volunteer!
What’s in it for me?
A fancy neon volunteer t-shirt.
FREE BAGELS! And coffee. We knew you’d like that.
A day of family fun! From waving silly signs and cheering on racers, to handing out high-fives at the kids’ fun run, there’s no better way to spend a Sunday morning.
what do volunteers do?
Packet Pick Up
Friday, June 21 from 2:00 - 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, June 22 from 9:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
• Volunteers are needed to staff Packet Pick Up booths, passing out bibs and shirts to participants.
Race Day Volunteers
Sunday, June 23 - varies (most shifts are 6:30 a.m. – 10:30/11:00 a.m.)
• On Course: Hand out high-fives, wave silly signs, and ensure the safety of our athletes, families, patients, and all participants. Bring your cheering voice! (greatest need)
• Kids’ run: Build the kids’ course, and cheer on our tiniest athletes. Volunteers should be enthusiastic and comfortable working with children.
• Family Festival: From bibs to bananas, we need you to pass out goodies at our pre- and post-race Family Festival!
• Medics: Staff our medical stations along the course or in the family festival (medical background preferred)
WHERE DO I SIGN UP?
Register now to start the process. On the registration page, scroll to the bottom to select “volunteer.”
HAVE A QUESTION?
Contact our Volunteer Coordinator Ashton Rice.